PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport security
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2019, 08:54
Uplinker

Received 124 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Pander216
No uplinker, almost every night is a night stop for us. We have crew suitcases handed in at outstation, transiting via AMS to the night stop destination, 4 or 5 days in a row. Every now and then this process does not function, leaving you to end up at your destination without your suitcase. Security is not the only thing that makes execution of the job more difficult But does that make me asking for embarrassment? That is a strange point of view if you ask me.

But thank you for your advice. If you have any more practical tips on how to not embarrass myself at security by taking nutrition and other basic needs on a multiple day trip, please let me know...
OK, so........you carry embarrassing underwear in your flight bag in case you end up at your destination without your suitcase ?

Well, presumably you got through an ATPL course and a full type rating, so I am sure you can work out a way to make this process easier and less embarrassing ! My suggestion is easy, and saves carrying a lot of cr*p around in your flight bag

Other tips ? Iron your washed shirt when it is still very slightly damp to the touch, and it will come out beautifully. If you let it dry completely first, it is harder to iron the creases out - even with a steam iron.

Food-wise ?, well in 18 years of commercial flying, I have never had any food items confiscated. From my home base I make a pasta or salad - no sauce - in a Tupperware container, or make sandwiches, or take fruit, which is enough during the flight duty. I can eat more substantially before and after the flight. Down route, there is generally somewhere you can buy a sandwich or a salad and fruit, often in the airport itself.