PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2019, 21:12
PDXCWL45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Letsflycwl
I’m quite shocked that Ryanair have not added anything new for CWL, I would have expected to see them offer something extra to compensate the TFS loss.

Just hope things don’t go backwards for CWL after all the positive work over the last few years.....would really love to see one new airline at CWL along with most folk I guess - notably Jet2 or even Wizz UK as the bucket & spade routes would serve them so well.
If I remember correctly with Ryanair after they added Faro they waited a year until adding more so maybe we'll see more expansion in 2021 but the MAX situation and base closures won't help not to mention high competition from other airports for those flights many with advantages over Cardiff.

New airline wise I wouldn't hold out hope unless they can pull off an unexpected one like say SAS or Swiss or Volotea as examples, I'd expect any growth to come from the ones already serving Cardiff mainly TUI and Ryanair and KLM but maybe Loganair and Qatar and Flybe as well. The airport will likely have to take steps back to move forward again.