PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 10th Nov 2019, 19:16
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Reason One i will not give up.

First, and foremost my lovely wife of 25 years.

She works in aged care, she does it with the most amazing respect, humility, consideration, and ethics. It truly blows me away. Of late, she has worked 7 days a week. She does in home care, and is highly in demand by her clients. She has as much work as she wants, and I suggest she is averaging a 50 to 60 hour week at the moment. Unfortunately, it is poorly paid, and requires a significant amount of driving.

On occasions, she has been presented with the opportunity to bypass the agency, and deal direct with the clients. We are under significant financial pressure, we discussed it. Her response “No, it would feel like, I am having an affair.”

I am truly a blessed man, but I am not as healthy as my wife, and in all likelihood she will live for many more years than me. I know what substandard aged care looks like. My wife is not going to spend her final years, relying on the Government to look after her. I will ensure that until her very last breath on this planet, she will be warm, she wont smell like piss, and someone will stroke her every waking moment that she breathes, if that is what is required. If I cannot be by her side, I will have funds to ensure it happens.

The actions of some personnel within CASA were so inappropriate, and took that away from her,that they need to fully understand my determination to have their conduct independently assessed. If Mr Carmody will not do it, I will shortly call on the Board. Eventually, it will be assessed.