PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport security
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2019, 15:53
Pander216

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Uplinker
Underwear???

You are asking for embarrassment. If you have an unscheduled night stop, you can hand wash your trolleys and socks in the hotel in the sink with a bit of soap or shampoo and dry them on the radiator ready for the next day. That’s what I do

I am amazed that any fight crew bother with yoghurt any more.

I have been going through UK security, (and Europe, the US, Caribbean, Mexico, India, Africa and Canada), for 18 years as a pilot and have not had the sort of problems you seem to have had.
No uplinker, almost every night is a night stop for us. We have crew suitcases handed in at outstation, transiting via AMS to the night stop destination, 4 or 5 days in a row. Every now and then this process does not function, leaving you to end up at your destination without your suitcase. Security is not the only thing that makes execution of the job more difficult But does that make me asking for embarrassment? That is a strange point of view if you ask me.

But thank you for your advice. If you have any more practical tips on how to not embarrass myself at security by taking nutrition and other basic needs on a multiple day trip, please let me know...