PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 12 Year Inspection
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2019, 14:53
aa777888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
helicopter-redeye's snarky response is incorrect, at least from a US perspective.

In the US, Robinson helicopters tend to divide into two maintenance groups, and the answer is pretty obvious. The first group are the machines owned by schools and other organizations that literally fly them every day, weather permitting. These machines will typically see between 200 and 500 hours a year and will time out before calendaring out. The other group consists of machines owned by private owners who only use them for personal business or pleasure. Those machines will, of course, generally calendar out first. I'm pretty sure, but have no proof, that there are a lot more in the first group than the second. It can be deceiving. I suspect that controller.com is full of the second group helicopters. The first group just gets overhauled and keeps on flying, because those people are running businesses.

I bought mine out of the second group, as most do who are not buying new machines. I'm kind of between groups in that I do have a leasing agreement with the local school but between personal and school flying it's not quite hitting 200 hours a year.