PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - El Al LY1747 drawing a B747
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2019, 21:42
Seat4A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mk 1
Have watched a few of Sam's video's. He had some very interesting titles, so I clicked.... Then spent 80% of the time watching Sam film himself rather than the aircraft/scenery etc. Interesting variety of flights certainly, but I tune in for the aviation not to watch Sam's mug on selfie cam.
Indeed, thus why I wrote above, in part:

Originally Posted by Seat4A
Big picture: It was brilliant marketing and a lot of fun based on the excitement in the media and having watched video.

Regardless of security matters - which we can all assume were handled properly by all of them for their final 747 flights, it gave these airlines opportunities to allow their passionate customers, frequent fliers, staff and former employees to enjoy something. The added media coverage, whether by Sam or an individual onboard, really gives positive value to airlines and an industry more often on the receiving end of criticism (even if deserved).

While I am not a fan of the bloggers or many of Sam's videos, he has also showcased unique routes, and small regional airlines, some with interesting geographical challenges.

A most interesting video is one he did of NOLINOR B737-200 Combi equipped with Gravel Kit. Little of him in that video but a lot of insights from the crew. Worth the watch. While many of us much prefer more aviation, less blogger, there is far worse out there that shouldn't even qualify as a video, let alone informative.

The LY 747 Drawing event is interesting from both the technical and consumer viewpoints, and to to some here as well.

Originally Posted by standbykid
For the uninitiated, how the Hell can this be done with such accuracy? Can it be loaded into the FMC?
Excellent job BTW.
Agree. The second video may provide you with some answers.