PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACX for sale.
Thread: BACX for sale.
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 18:35
Amazon man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rider of the Purple Sage,

I know this is a rumour site but sometimes I do wonder whether Pprune is being used to fulfil some individuals personal agenda.

If you had been at the management briefing on Thursday last you would have heard some facts not rumour.

AM is not imminently off to BA if in fact you bothered to ask him he will tell you that he expects to be in BACX for approximately another 18 months. TDLF also has no plans for an immediate departure, having overseen the merger of BRAL and Brymon he has stated that he wants to be around to see the airline returned to profitability and requipped with an all jet fleet of preferably EMB 170/190's, neither AM or TDLF are to my knowledge booked on imminent B777 courses.

BACX has still some way to go before returning to profitability although TDLF stated that he and the management team have been able to present to BA mainline cost savings which amount to a large proportion of what BA mainline management have asked to see over the next 12 months, I will not include actual figures on a public forum but they are available just ask TDLF or AM.

BACX is not in danger of being closed down or sold in the very near future however at some point not too distant BA will want to see a turnaround into profit, what company wouldn't having spent £70 million + on purchasing BRAL in the first place.

What every employee needs to do now is to stop the them and us situation and yes I have been as guilty as anyone of blaming management for all our woes and problems, and start working to turn the company around. TDL has stated that this is possible but it is going to be a long road with maybe more changes ahead.

Maybe its time to admit that management are taking us in the right direction albeit slowly, at the end of this particular phase we may find ourselves better placed than a lot of other UK and European airlines. Whatever happens I am sure that along with many other BACX employees I recognise the management have a tough job one that I wouldn't want for all the tea in China.

If this site is going to be used for company rumours then the least you can assure is that they are well researched and not based on what a friend of a friend heard whilst standing at a bar on the other side of the world. If you want to know the facts then phone and speak to the gentlemen concerned you might find yourself a little more enlightened