PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 9th Nov 2019, 14:50
Lake1952

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FrequentSLF
Sorry but i disagree, first of all we need to classify if MCAS is a stall warning or a stall identification system, once we define that we can define what are the actions required. According to certification a pilot should be able to disable a stall id system and such system should not be prone to a single failure. That is not the case of MCAS. To off it pilots loose all electrical controls on the stab, and MCAS is prone to single AoA failure, that is the reason why it was classified as a augmentation system...when in my opinion is a stall ID system... cutting corners to solve major issue
How can MCAS possibly be considered a stall ID system or even a stall warning system? Any system code which autonomously (and secretly) moves a barn door sized HS is a stall prevention system .

So I am sure this has already come up many times, but can the MAX be certified without MCAS even if that required a new type rating G-d forbid? My Lake Amphibian would pitch down with power increases and vice versa. That idiosyncrasy was covered in transition lesson #1.