PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Planning providers???
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 18:16
Whooaahh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srs what?

To correct your "several" comment. Only 2 SITA customers have left us to go to NavTech. Both were due to 2004 budget contraints and were not a problem with the service as such although the delayed release of NewNav was cited by one as a contributary factor.

As the designated sales person for SITA's Flight Operations Portfolio in Europe you can't get any closer to insider knowledge as I was closely involved in both of them. The two operators were both European based.

With very few credible startups in my region, and globally for that matter, the only way to grow our business is to target existing users of competitor systems (preferred option) or persuade existing customers to increase their use of our services by utilising the Supplimentary options such as Flight Plan Uplinking, Over Flight Charge Analysis, or Flight Briefing On-Line.

It is very much a case of some you win, some you loose. The trick is winning more than you loose and we have been doing pretty well over the 5 years I've been in the chair keeping the balance of power in our favour

FL460

Thanks for you words of support, much appreciated. To correct your "230" number it is now 246 and that includes the 2 signatures received in the last week.

Whooaahh!!!