PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 9th Nov 2019, 12:36
BDAttitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ktcanuck
Sounds like the MCAS solution might be all but there but they are now struggling with a much harder one to solve. I was wondering why the trip to Cedar Rapids when Boeing wrote the software. Looks like they are back at the FCC oem trying to show how two computers can self check each other and figure out who's wrong. Good luck with that.
Back then I had been speculating that they must have a solution for this in their code baseline which only needs to be configuerd for the project - otherwise it could never been done with the timeline envisioned. Seems they have to do some post documentation .
Still I am more worried by the changes to the task system or function distribution they likely had to do due to the AP disconnect issue. There you have the potential to break anything anywhere and require to do a 100% coverage of functional testing. It’s like rebuilding the supporting walls of a house without moving the furniture. It’s never going to happen without some losses.