PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 8th Nov 2019, 15:40
OldnGrounded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flight Alloy
It's difficult to understand? How about you are a manager or decision maker at the FAA, earning decent federal employee pay and benefits. The previous FAA commissioner who just 'retired' just joined the board of X aerospace company or became the head of X industry association, with an XX million dollar compensation package. Your old boss you used to work for a few years ago is now a consultant for one of the big aerospace design firms and at the last BBQ he showed up in a new Maserati and his wife wearing a big honking diamond necklace. You are a good employee and on track in the next couple years to rise through the ranks and get your old bosses job. A guy you used to work with who was kind of nerdy but an honest dude filed an official complaint against some safety issue at one of the plane manufacturer's plants some time ago. There was this whole bruhaha in the office for a while but got cleared up. You check what he's up to now on his LinkedIn, and he's now an assistant junior safety adviser at the FAA office in sunny Alert, Alaska working on tire delamination standards and testing for sport ultralight aircraft in cold weather conditions. And on Facebook he's getting all these messages wishing him good luck after his divorce.
A certification application from one of the major manufacturers lands on your desk, your arm reaches for a stamp, will it be the green or the red one? Kathunk! The production line purrs on. Your scroll through the BMW newsletter you have been eyeing for the past month, Sky Blue really is a beautiful color isn't it?
I suppose I should have said that, although I understand that many -- perhaps most -- humans behave as you suggest, it's always been difficult for me to accept that they do. Sometimes, our species just doesn't seem very attractive.