PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions About Reverting the Trending Forum Homepage
Old 7th Nov 2019, 23:55
IBobi
***RETIRED*** Do Not Contact

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimjim1
Trending Homepage

The way this has been done seems really strange.

It may be a great new feature and I may well like it a lot, presenting it to all users so that they get a look at it may be a great idea.

Not providing a simple link to see the old Forums List at my whim seems daft. Just a button - "Forums List" - I may well have left the Trending page as my home page if this had been possible.

Once a user has gone through the rigmarole to get the forums list back there is no way that I can find to get access to the new Trending page - Perhaps a button - "Trending Topics".

It's a Marmite thing - One or the Other - never shall they mix.

Finally - the design of the Trending page seems to me to leave something to be desired - I think it is pretty ugly and the use of huge fonts seems to make it that there is not much on the page. I may have other comments on it but I can't see the Trending Page without going through the UserCP and setting the thing back - no thanks.

Hope you find my efforts useful.
Thank you for the feedback!

FYI the forums list is part of the home page on desktop, and one click away (top right) on mobile!