PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Humax t2000 freeview hard disk recorder faulty
Old 7th Nov 2019, 20:51
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
I might be getting to the root of the problem. Last evening I was catching up with some stuff we recorded a while ago when my partner came in. She went along to her study and turned on her desktop computer and straight away the video recorder crashed and started to reboot. Then it crashed again, etc. After turning her computer off I had to power the video recorder off and on to get it to settle. It then worked properly all evening. Today I disconnected her computer monitor at the mains and the signal cables and powered on the processor box on it's own. The video didn't do anything odd. Then I connected her monitor to my laptop computer and I saw a strange patch of interference scroll slowly up the screen over my normal desktop display image. Curiously, the lounge TV (playing a recorded programme) showed the same odd interference pattern scrolling up the screen. Apparently the interference on her computer display has been bothering her for some months! I have not located the source of said interference but I am beginning to suspect the monitor itself.

Ongoing............

Rans6...................