PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - El Al LY1747 drawing a B747
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2019, 10:24
TheBat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow... Impressed by the effort, really.
But again, unless you were diretly involved, I dare to say that you are falling into the same trap. They didn't do this, they didn't do that etc etc.
And I really wish I had seen this sensitiveness, critisism and elaboration on real safety incidents like the (not-so)Smartwings incident where they flew a 737 all over almost half of Europe on one engine (and no distress call), allegedly landed with less than the legal fuel quanity, full of innocent passengers that had no idea of what was going on.
I really do not wish to spend more time discussing a can of coke in a tray, so back to the subject before our posts get deleted:

Kudos to El-Al for this. Brilliant idea! Perfect farewell to perhaps the most beautiful flying machine ever IMHO.
Personally, I wish I was a passenger on that flight even if I had to go through tough security checks (known or not-known to me). I am positive that everyone involved (including the air marshals I believe) was carefully prepared and briefed about every aspect of it.

Last edited by TheBat; 7th Nov 2019 at 10:40.