PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FEasibility of long haul with elderly relative with mobility issues
Old 7th Nov 2019, 08:12
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
Lovely that your Gran wants to go to see her sons and family - However it seems she will need to be accompanied by a relative, or carer on the flight, plus her Doc has to say she is OK to fly or go by sea.
QF say You must travel with a carer if you're unable to self-toilet.
The non-stop QF LON to PER is possibly one easier hop....They have a Disabled/accessible loo on their 787 in the centre of the cabin.

PS I am in Dorset too -
My first thoughts were to take a Cunard ship to down-under but the Queen Elizabeth sailed last Sunday to Fremantle which was a quick passage - 28 days
The Queen Mary sails on 10 JAN 2020 to Oz via the far east to Darwin Brisbane then SYD - but a long voyage 48-56 days
P&O may too have a voyage from SOU.
But as the OP posts she declines to travel by sea on the grounds that she cannot swim, she insists upon travelling by flight(s) but doesn't listen to the logic that,she cannot fly unaided as she cannot swim.

That quickie sea voyage to Fremantle sounds ideal, if it were me I would bullshxt that we had entered her name in to a draw and hey, guess what grandma, you have won a free business class cruise to Australia!