PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - El Al LY1747 drawing a B747
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2019, 06:50
Flight Alloy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Fathom
That massive food cart is a food tray sitting on Mr. Chui's lap!!

You don't think perhaps Israeli Security would have vetted all the passengers and crew for this special event!
I wouldn't be messing with them!
Even worse as far as stability is concerned. Seeing that the seats were available to El Al frequent flyers for a fairly low number of miles, and as far as I know joining the program requires no background check. I doubt Mossad/ElAl sec vetted foreign members of their frequent flyer program for redeeming for a seat on this flight.
I thought cockpit sterility and the need for a clear and calm cockpit was one of the aegises of safe flight? Or are the standards of safety merely constituted my the CAA that happens to control a certain patch of sky? I guess if a pay-to-play FAA or any other CAA authorizes something as compliant, it must be safe?
Especially in today's world of undercutting safety for profit, and the known risk of liquids near the pedestal and uncertified personnel in the cockpit, you choose to excuse this incident? That's exactly the kind of complacency that brought us to this state!