PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aeros/Skyborne - Experience/past Students/reputation
Old 6th Nov 2019, 19:52
FlyingHorse1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to disagree with some of the comments made about Aeros. I myself an ex student along with a lot of my friends have generally good things to say about them with all of us working for well known carriers. Comments people have made about said accident should be kept to themselves out of respect for the people involved.

Aeros overall is a good outfit. It has the struggles of many schools with high turnover of and low experience ops staff but is made up by an excellent instructor team and high standards. You need to keep on top of your schedule as I found it was who shouts loudest.

This happens with the big integrated schools too however Aeros charge you as you fly rather than the integrated schools who take your money then tell you that its a 6 month wait. The Diamond fleet and simulators can not be faulted they are some of the best DA42s in the country and I never had a tech issue during the MEP/MEIR stage and the instructors will accommodate at every time of the day and weekend to get you through.

They are realistic with the instructor to student ratio so you won't find yourself flying once a week which is what the integrated schools do (max 3 students to 1 instructor and aircraft). They will lease in if there is an aircraft shortage too.

You have to ask the question why lots of UK integrated students have transferred across to Aeros for the flying stage due to being delayed. Price wise Aeros may look more expensive than other modular outfits but remember the MEIR training includes as many approaches as you need. Sometimes we flew up to 10 approaches for training whereas other schools limit it to 2 per flight for cost reasons. I can hand on heart say that the Aeros instructor team are incredible and you will struggle to find better.

Airline placement wise out of everyone who has completed their training at Aeros when I trained has got a job within a year. Lots of airlines respect the training (e.g Flybe) at least 10 of my friends have got jobs there and line trainers always complement the training standard. Unless you are on a placement scheme with an airline nobody can guarantee you a job (no matter how much glossy material there is). Training makes up a big part of what airlines look at however if you don't have the non-technical skills it doesn't matter how much you pay.

With regards to Wings Alliance I am not surprised. Aeros recently changed their ground school provider to Cat3C at Gloucester who are an excellent outfit (look on their facebook page). Aeros previous provider of this was Bristol Ground School who run Wings Alliance. I am not surprised they aren't a member anymore.

Just my 2 eggs but hope it helps.