PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knx Operators Hire Over The Top?
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 13:28
MAXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand what your saying vapour,

some of the young pilots going up through KU are smart asses who think the world owes them a flying job just because mummy and daddy paid for their licence and daddy knows a check and training capt in qantas who can get him a job after 12 months in the bush.some of the guys just couldnt understand that you couldnt employ everyone.(one pilot who had been to see myself and the owner a number of times actually bailed me up infront of the supermarket after he found out he wasnt going to get work that season. HE ACTUALLY THREATENED TO KNOCK MY HEAD OFF IF HE DIDNT GET A JOB,ILL NEVER FORGET HIS NAME!!)

HOWEVER (an this is a big however)

most of the guys and girls coming through when i was there were pretty good,down to earth hard workers with their heads screwed on the right way,and most have moved on to bigger and better things having gained some good knowledge from their 2 or more years apprenticeship in the kimberely

I mostly look back on the place with fond memories,we had a really good team and the guys and girls from both major companies usually mixed very well,it would be a real shame if one of the good training groundS for pilots went to hell.

I suppose thats best left up to attitudes of all staff and managers to generate a proffessional ,effective and safe work atmosphere.

BEST OF LUCK