PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS feeling effects of global pilot shortage
Old 6th Nov 2019, 00:22
deja vu

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by morno

Why do I get the feel that there’s more to this story that you’re not letting on about.....?
Ok, lets get back to the basic thread.
I ask you WHY do the RFDS allegedly have a problem employing and then retaining pilots for their operation? 130 or so earlier posters have gone back and forth on this topic, most of whom probably have no idea of what it's like to work for the RFDS TODAY.

Then a fairly recent past-employee posts about the experience and you and a couple of others are happy to suggest that there is something relevant he/she is not telling us. I would have thought that the post in question makes it clear that there was a personality clash, but you want to imply there was something more sinister at play. After all, who wouldn't want to work for the RFDS because "a few mates reckon it was the best job they ever had", really, when was that and how irrelevant is that?
There is also a current employee posting, trying to tell us of how it is TODAY, mostly in negative terms, but no he/she is considered a malcontent who "wants it all"

If you know something, I for one would like to hear about it.