PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 5th Nov 2019, 22:16
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
PPrune posting

Dam!,
My wife reads Pprune now. Shes going to come home and say "Hey, I told you that you shouldn't be posting, and everyone else says the same.

Gulp!

Darling, there were heaps of socks this morning, and I folded them all up, and ummmmm. I love you.

Gulp!

I get it folks I really do. As they say, "until you've walked in those shoes.....". PPrune really has been important to me. In fact I've kept off the other forums, and only vented here. It has helped me enormously, so it is a bit of a "crutch", in fact, a very important crutch.

I am now at the stage where I sit in the car at the kids sports and avoid the other Dads. The conversation generally drifts to "How's work....?", how do I respond to that,

I wince, and say "great". Later they find out through the neighbourhood network. Glen lost his business, his home everything.

Alternatively I say, "well I lost my business, my home, savings, and basically everything this year. As you know I had the flying school, and CASA took action that lead to its closure". We all know what people outside of aviation will think. "Whats he really done".

Easier to sit in the car, sadly

So it also gives me a forum, to try and publicly protect my reputation and my rather tattered self esteem.

I really do get the "risk" of letting CASA prepare their "defence" etc by me dumping on here, but it serves many purposes. It also allows me to direct people to a place where all information is available, rather than retelling a traumatic story that I have had to recount to people verbally far too many times. Now I can say "Its a long story, just go to Pprune if your really interested." It helps.

Last edited by glenb; 5th Nov 2019 at 22:45.