PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Frequency Boundaries continued.
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 11:30
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lodown, you have been mislead if you think TAAATS has anything like TCAS, it has a very basic STCA(short term conflict alert) and it is (well was when I left Oz 12 months ago) renowned for being inconsistent at best.

Brian H, felt I made a personal attack on him, which I feel I didn't. I think that I stated a fact. That being that the VFR pilots like NAS because it allows them (supposedly) to go where they want without paying and without talking. That is fine, I understand from the VFR point of view that that would be seen as a positive.

My question that is still to be answered is:

1. Their will be an increase in workload to the ATC's(scanning their screen constantly) and to the RPT's (scanning their windscreen constantly). Their will be more controllers not less hence,

2. There will be no financial savings.

3. There will be a reduction in safety in the areas where Class C has become Class E. Whether this is an acceptable risk is irrelevant. hence,

4. Why change to a system where safety is reduced for no financial savings, and increased workload for most aviation proffessionals?

And finally the cherry on top of all this is the new charts and the ambiguity and difficulty in locating ATC frequencys. How is this a good thing, please answer that while you're at it.

I do not work in Australia at the moment, and will not be for some time to come. So please don't roll out the old chestnut of me trying to save my cushy little job.