PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 5th Nov 2019, 13:14
Takwis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Takwis
We simply don't know. We need to know. I think that our best bet for getting this sort of information is if the EASA/ESA does indeed do their own 'bare airframe" testing.
'We', certainly the 737 pilots here, DO need to know the handling characteristics of the aircraft, especially when simple malfunctions (loss of AOA) render the aircraft barely flyable. To say that we don't need to know is akin to saying we don't need to know what happens when an engine quits. We don't need to know how significant the yaw is, compared to other aircraft that we have flown? We don't need to know exactly how to handle it? Ridiculous.

Am I going to analyze the data myself, as someone suggested? No, I have neither the skills, nor the time for that. I have suggested, in the quote above, a body willing, able, and that has signaled a desire to do it. Has the data been gathered and analyzed before, of course it has. But those who did so have decided not to make it public...in fact kept their attempt to correct those flight characteristics secret as well, until people started dying. So, we need to rely on someone who is going to be honest and open.