PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport security
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2019, 11:59
2Planks

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Been following this for a while, at least its now a little less one sided than the first couple of pages. Its 10 years since I was involved in a joint military civil role, but the principles are the same.

Thanks to Will-161 for the update - I promise not to wear my padded posing pouch at BHZ . Seriously, well done for sticking your head above the parapet and putting your side of the story. Unfortunately there are still a number of dinosaurs with 4 gold stripesbwho clearly haven't spoken to their nominated TranSec Liaison (if its still called that) about the threat, think because they have a pair of wings that they know everything about this highly complex system called aviation, be afforded royal deference by all and sundry and feel justified in being patronising to security operatives (which are among the better paid ground jobs at British airports). Yes, equally there are some security folk that could do with some customer relationship retraining, but as someone else said not following SOPs in an aircraft would be tantamount to negligence.