PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK think tank threatens private jet ops
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2019, 10:10
733driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Good Business Sense
All ok as long as all the cheap holiday flights can't fly if you can't fill all of the seats both ways - of course, there is not much more polluting that empty trains, busses and ferries, et all - which happens to be most of the time !
These "whatoubatisms" won't help us at all. This has nothing to do with empty economy class seats on holiday flights, of which there are not many, in my experience (empty seats that is), or less than full trains, busses or ferries (Do you have statistics do back up your claims by the way?)

There is no getting away from the fact that private jets, are very, very wasteful in terms of fuel and it can't be good for the environment, regardless of the climate debate. Empty legs even more so. I could drive my car for many years with the fuel burned on the positioning fights I do in just one week. So let's not try to deflect form that but acknowledge it instead. I don't think private aviation will be going anywhere soon but it will have to get ready for some tough questions and be part of the solution.