PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smoking on the flight-deck
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 10:03
Taking Over, Nigel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alty Meter, do you also believe that JFK was murdered by the CIA and a conspiracy covered it all up?
To those (few) giving fmc apprentice a hard time, I say go jump.
I had to put up with chain-smokers on 747 classics in our company many years ago. It turned a pleasant trip into total misery! Thankfully smoking was totally banned on our flightdecks about ten years ago.
If you are one of the many smokers who smoke in public places (bars, restaurants etc. ) then I say " Rot in hell!"
You smokers are (often) arrogant, rude, inconsiderate and a whole lot more. Just by smoking in public places you are proving this!! (I am NOT directing this at smokers who only smoke away from others!)
A huge majority of people feel as I do but unlike you most are
too polite to say something which may offend. I have had two restaurant meals ruined in the last two weeks by smokers!

If this is true about Ryanair (and I suspect it is!) then I am apalled that any (western) airline has such disgusting work practices.
I hereby award Ryanair the "Dirty Ashtray Award". I hope the lawyers hound them on this issue- I normally can't tolerate the mentality of "sue, sue , sue" but here it is justified,
TOTALLY justified.
Good luck fmc apprentice- I can really empathasize with you.

Last edited by Taking Over, Nigel; 11th Nov 2003 at 12:02.