PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 4th Nov 2019, 19:16
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
The arguments

Woke up after a rather restless night and read the posts. Cheers folks, the encouragement, the reality checks, and the highly valued advice on these pages is very encouraging. I realise how many pages this now goes over, how many comments have been made and how many have visited the pages. It makes it an absolute pleasure to wake up, it really does. Good on each and every one of you for hanging in there.

Its important to understand that there are separate arguments. There is the legal fight for fair and reasonable compensation for those affected. Mr Carmody has clearly shown his hand on that. I fully expected it, and now with your support, we will find out. From my meeting with the legal firm, I have an appreciation of the strength of some of the posts. At this stage, and for probably another 6 weeks, I will not truly know, but I will certainly be finding out. That argument, understandably cannot continue by me addressing it on here. That is the legal argument. Trust me, I am the brokest person you know, I really am. I am a business owner with much of his life totally destroyed by malfeasance in public office. No-one from outside of the CASAs payroll has even looked at it, and that is what I am trying to achieve. Does it make me sad, probably sadder than you can imagine.

Completely separate, and of wider significance, is the aviation safety argument, which i will be compelled to outline publicly, as all of the information is already with Mr Carmody, and available to him as part of his decision making. I will certainly be publishing that on here. I am convinced that he also now making decisions placing his own interest ahead of aviation safety. The safety argument will not be stopped by anyone. Full stop.

Similarly, there is an ethics in Government, human decency, respect, bullying, intimidating, mental health etc argument. Admittedly that also is a safety argument, but im talking specifically about people acting reasonably with each other. Its just about being professional, well intentioned etc. That stems right from the top of an organisation, i know. Just like Mr Carmody, i was the CEO of an Organisation that was all about aviation safety. I diligently applied myself to my task, and acted with ethics. That argument will also continue on here. But it is the truth, it is in the public interest, and it does need people to really stand up and make a statement. Im no martyr, and i dont want to be "the one". I have an advantage over the rest of you. I have absolutely NOTHING left to lose. So that argument will continue, and i invite any media to contact me,

Have a lovely day Mr Carmody, i feel industry will lose confidence in you. I am on the cusp of formally writing to the PM, and accusing you of malfeasance in public office. Obviiously, you can initiate legal action on me, but that will only accelerate these matters being bought out in public

Im off to the coffee shop to sit with the Fat Daddy breakfast club, and surround myself by good people, of which there are many.