PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport security
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2019, 14:54
Ian W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly as pax a lot several million miles in the last few years and go through security a lot as that was mainly shorthaul. I get on well with the security/TSA staff - but there are times when the jobsworths make the process irritating - some more than most. As part of my rather eclectic background I test systems and concepts, I also spent some years in the military. So i set out a semi-formal test plan for airport security with 10 very simple tests based on what has happened before with those who would wish to cause harm.

Airport security at all airports fails ALL the tests with the possible exception of Israeli security. A recent bombing almost followed one of my scripts and was 'successful'.

While I am sure that the security staff are doing their jobs according to the rules laid down by bureaucrats in distant offices they may be better having some training from people that have had to deal with a higher bad guy to good guy ratio to check. They would be a whole lot more cautious and a whole lot more effective,.

I won't say a lot more but security at airports needs a black team. The entire security line system really needs a rethink. All the tests could be passed with minor changes to the way things are done.

Unfortunately, nobody in security seems to be interested.