PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 4th Nov 2019, 01:24
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
. . .The possibility of a pitch-up tendency during approach to stall was identified for the flaps-up configuration prior to the implementation of MCAS.
Which is very different challenge to simply stopping the elevator load going light.

Another means of effecting the cure perhaps by mechanically operated surfaces on the cowling? Well, to lose that amount of aerodynamic lift could present another issue. Those cowling surfaces are clearly creating substantial lift - which if it wasn't causing a problem, would be a good thing. I wouldn't want to lose that amount of lift suddenly.

From AC25-7D:
Quote:A means to quickly deactivate the stall identification system should be provided and be available to both pilots.
It should be effective at all times and should be capable of preventing the system from making any input to the longitudinal control system.
It should also be capable of canceling any input that has already been applied, from either normal operation or from a failure condition.
This is exactly what I was trying to get over in an earlier post. I felt passionately that recognition should quickly be actionable, but with switches where the four main parameters could be switched back in, in a diagnostic manner. Much like re-connecting suspect bus-bars. Main power to the Jackscrew. Thumb trim. Auto pilot. MCAS.