PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Links Serious Incidents to Pilot Attitude
Old 4th Nov 2019, 00:12
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
The bit that got me was the assembled multitude , applause, and 'well received'
Surely they are not all THAT dumb !!
It has been suggested to me that the RAAA work on the principle that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. If you look at the level of input they have with CASA compared to, say, AOPA, there is some evidence to support the theory.

Certainly the Part 135 and CAO48.1 rules have changed shape considerably as a direct result of constructive and cooperative RAAA spadework.

All that said, I am not a member of RAAA and I think Carmody's comments were well off the mark. He is essentially saying (as someone points out above) that criticising CASA in an online forum is prima facie evidence of a bad attitude to flight safety and therefore a justification for audit or other regulatory action. If he's prepared to say it in public, and have it reported in the press, presumably he is prepared to stand up before the Minister or in Senate Estimates and say it again.

....please note my friends say they sign an attendance sheet at the RAAA conference and they didn't sign our agreement to his statement!