PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 3rd Nov 2019, 22:41
Drc40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Flynn
What are the chances of it being recertified and flying across the world by easter 2020?

The other big question is what is Boeing planning to do with all those airframes if it is not?
In my humble opinion, it will fly but it won’t with a software fix. I’m not sure what it will take but I think all the discussion above pretty much dissects and examines what “happened” but little discussion about what “will happen”. I’m feeling that a hardware fix is necessary which could easily put this well over a year since grounding. If Boeing attempts it to fly this pig with software only the disaster will only get bigger.

No, Boeing will need an immense about face. Bean counters and sales/management/MBA types MUST be subject to design and engineering approval. No more features demanded by sales/MBA’s and bean counters. Those egg heads need to be banished to where they belong, in the back room counting beans. Share holder value be damned because if they stay on the current path the shareholders will have nothin left.

Does Boeing have the nads to take this action? I’m doubtful but hopeful better minds will prevail.