PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport security
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2019, 14:13
physicus

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
The absence of a trusted traveller program outside the US for someone like me who spends as much time flying as crew (but as pax) is appalling. I think we have it on pretty good authority that putting needless PC issues aside, profiling your potential evildoer is a piece of cake and a worldwide "TSA PRE" like program could safely be instated.

Security at Heathrow T5 has been so appallingly and abysmally poor, slow, and inefficient, taking between 1-2 hours to get through every single time (in the fast track lane, mind you!), that I am now actively avoiding flying through LHR. Not that there are plenty of other reasons to stay away from that cesspit of uncivil aviation, the well travelled reader will add. Lost my sh*t there a couple of months ago and had a good long conversation with the duty manager who turned out to be some aloof and detached middle aged person who left no doubt in anyone's mind that they didn't care about our "experience". People were missing their flights, several of us with time to "spare" (i.e. didn't have tight connections) were letting other pax who were about to miss theirs jump the queue. It was so bad that several of us who had been letting people jump forward actually revolted and we made it a group complaint with the manager. Which of course didn't result in anything else but more time wasted. Security and airports are feedback resistant.