PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Steve Purvinas, legend
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2019, 10:43
MickG0105

Received 217 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by KRUSTY 34

Ha! You crack me up Mick.

Just the the words I have on occasion felt like directing to the various “Skygods” out there who feel they have a monopoly on all things aviation.

Your opinion is valuable mate. Whether you’re one of the chosen few or not.
Thanks Krusty. I have no great ambition to make a fool of myself here so I'm disinclined to blithely wade into a discussion without doing some research. I'm fortunate to have a good many mates and former colleagues who are currently in the business and have a wealth of experience across a variety of types (and the generosity of time and patience to put up with 20 (generally more) questions from me on a regular basis). And we're all of an age that their experience has been from the left hand seat (except for two mates who fly rotary) for some time now.

I've also been fortunate enough to have developed a cadre of contacts, here and overseas, who have expertise in a variety of related fields. And then there's right here - if I can't find something out elsewhere then I'll pose the question here.

At the end of the day 1 + 1 = 2 is true regardless of whether it's written by someone with four bars on their shoulder or none and no amount of command time can make 1 + 1 = 3 true (although I'm sure someone will have an amusing anecdote on that topic).