PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Frequency Boundaries continued.
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 06:17
Aussie Andy
PPruNaholic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Four Seven Eleven - well I don't think your post addresses the problem: your existing Class C does not cover anything like the areas that Class E is proposed for, so its not the right comparison.

Chief galah - but that's my point: there are still no reported / apparent / statistically significant safety problems EVEN with the crock of a situation such as is currently the case around Lille... which makes it sound like you guys are worrying too much.

Surely the point is that change is always difficult to swallow, and to manage. I think the issues here are primarily:
  • Promotion - in that they may have failed to persuade many constituents of the advantages of the new system over the old;
  • Education - in that people need time to properly understand, come to terms with and to digest the proposed changes, which should probably be inculcated via flight training organisations etc.; and
  • Change Management - in that the rollout of the changes should perhaps take palce in a less hasty manner. (And if what 4-7-11 suggests re- the influence of Federal election timing is to blame, then shame, shame, shame!).
Still, to my mind none of these issues indicates that the NAS will be "less safe" than your current arrangements, and I am yet to see any evidence to the contrary.

Cheers, and good night (its bed time in England!)

Andy