PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2019, 04:09
FightDeck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chad Gates

I had to go searching for this article. There are actually 2. One has the dollar figures and one doesn’t. Not one comment made (there were hundreds about the obscene amount AJ made though, very very few were complimentary). I’m not sure the public could care less. It’s not like it’s a strike, or a grounding. Nobody’s plans will be disrupted if Sunrise gets shelved. So I’d have to guess, nobody cares. Not sure what PR they expect out of this anyway. I’ve not spoken to one colleague who cares if the pilots get blamed.
indeed! Well said.
The pilot costs are a small percentage. They are not the make or break. Joyce was going on about the massive premium he could charge because the flight was so long and saved so much time. Over $2000 per business seat.
Well he can pay the pilots adequately that have to sit in the ruddy aircraft for 23 hours and do that S$#@ over and over. He will have long gone with his 100 million. His pay is out of line with any global airline remuneration so the media won’t give two f&$# what we do if we are not in a dispute.
It’s our pilots that will have to fly those missions back to back for many years.
The pilots do more arduous work, with less stopover time to refresh and sleep not to mention the loss of allowance.
Let him blame us. I couldn’t care. I’m not interested in flying that unless it acknowledges the fatigue risk, is compensated for that accordingly and The remuneration at least equals the severity of the flying.
Where is the adequate science to say it’s safe long term anyway? CP getting ahead of himself.