PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another legend
Thread: Another legend
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2019, 02:12
lawsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Global Aviator
I don’t think you will ever get Joe Public on board, you know what Straya is like. If someone is earning more money than you then, why help them? Shoot them down, snipe at them, etcetera and blah blah blah................

Straya
This was right once upon a time. The truth now though is for the last 20 years or so our pay and conditions have been degraded so much so that we are now not earning any more than a LOT of jobs!

Every thing else about then still applies now. High levels of experience required, evaluations constantly, medicals, hours of operation and responsibilities. These are just to name a few. I can’t speak for Qantas I don’t work there, I do however work for the other mob in a narrow body operation and I know in the last 5-10 years my lifestyle has been degraded so much so that it affects my marriage, my health, relationship with my kids and I struggle to see how much longer I can keep it up.

All this to satisfy a KPI which results in a bonus paid to someone who is not even going to be in the company in a couple of years.
Its very hard to be a good company minded person when this is happening.