PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Steve Purvinas, legend
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2019, 23:02
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well this has been an interesting read. Pretty much every critical piece here reverts to personal attacks rather than anything based on the facts in relation to the cracks themselves. Even when I asked for George Glass to highlight anything I said that was false information, nothing was forthcoming, just more personal attacks. FYI, I do not know more than the entire industry, but I do know a lot more than I have been able to explain publicly as you get limited air time to present a case. I place a high price on my own credibility and for that reason will expand in some greater detail here, with documents and explanations so anyone who doubts the genuine nature of our (ALAEA) concerns can continue with their personal attacks, attacks that will be meaningless unless supported themselves with some counter evidence.

Our Association has not had one complaint from our members who are at the coal face of this matter. They are existing in a workplace where Engineers are threatened and bullied by managers to turn a blind eye to aircraft defects. I worked on Qantas planes for 20 years, in the days when people would receive service awards for finding unusual defects that prevented aircraft incidents. Now, this practice is frowned upon. The entire safety first mantra has been turned on it's head in the pursuit of profit. We see this in our workplace. Pilots see this particularly with the fatigue issues as do the Hosties with planned short crewing and similar fatigue problems. There is a cancer spreading within the Qantas group that needs to be cut out and if this crack issue is the one thing that in some way draws attention to the wider concerns, profit before safety, it will only benefit us all.