PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NHS Medical records issues
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2019, 22:51
lcolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sepp
This is a very interesting topic. I've just renewed my EASA medical with my usual AME and we were both surprised - he's known me for a long time - that my CAA record stated my eye colour as blue and hair grey. My eyes are green and I have brown hair. I've only had one medical done by another AME (because I also needed an initial FAA medical at the time); the FAA cert correctly shows both eye and hair colour so I think it unlikely that the second AME entered the new, incorrect data on the CAA system. Very odd. I'm off to my GP on Monday to get a look at what they hold, just in case.
Did you head home and double check your eye colour?

The NHS is a mess. I thought we spend 15billion on a computer system to ensure this stuff didn't happen!

After this debacle, I would now recommend that everyone regularly check their records.

As for me, my next step is that I am speaking to a solicitor as I don't trust the GP to ensure that there are no markers with other public bodies based on this guys medical notes.

I will keep all updated, and anymore stories like this would be great to hear. I'm interested to know how common this is.