PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 1st Nov 2019, 18:50
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
A predictable response from the CEO of CASA

Dear Mr Buckley

I acknowledge your email received at 10:24am today outlining your claims of “…grave and imminent risk to aviation safety” against the four named CASA staff members.

You did not provide information to substantiate your claims of a “grave and imminent risk to aviation safety”. I note your advice in today’s email “…am confident that I can substantiate that.” Should you have such evidence, I ask that you provide it to me urgently.

I have previously advised you that you should raise these matters with the Commonwealth Ombudsman, which you have elected not to do, or through the appropriate legal channels. I reiterate my advice to you of 23 August 2019 that I will not enter into ongoing dialogue with you on the issues you have raised previously, as they have been dealt with and considered closed from CASA’s perspective. I also remind you that making false and disparaging public allegations against individual CASA officers leaves it open to them to pursue individual action for defamation.

Regards

Shane

Shane CarmodyCEO and Director of Aviation SafetyCivil Aviation Safety Authority