PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2019, 16:47
FightDeck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Chief Pilot based the pay on 175 hours, max allowances and super.
Dont forget that as the fleet size is small the 787 crews are currently doing long slips in many places. Once the full 14 arrive and replace the last jumbos it will reduce.
London used to be 78 hours and now it’s 50 odd. Still plenty of our 787 crew getting 80 hour LA slips.The JFKs get 3 LAX and 2 JFK as well.
As 787 crews will know the hours have dropped now. But Sunrise won’t be flying to Asia like the 787 or doing MDC patterns.

All that to one side. 3 flights of only one sector as “Research” is utter un scientific bollocks.
No one I know wants to do 3 back to back 23+ hour TOD for multiple rosters. Massive jet lag and you’ll be missing out on plenty of allowances and rest if you skip layovers in LAX or SIN. Max jet lag and rest on your time not the company. If it’s bumpy or noisy or you get a ****ty sleep you’ll be completely f&$#ed.
Pay is one issue. Your not going to do the most horrible Ultra long haul flying and get paid 787 money to do it.Most junior Be getting assigned if it crap.
Must also be safe and sustainable. Too many blokes keeling over even with a decent contact. I don’t plan dying to help out Alan or Tino. Dick won’t be doing 20 trips a year I can tell you. His email obituaries are nice though when it kills you.
Looks like they are in a desperate rush. If they move onto investing in car insurance then let them.
As the Chief Pilot has admitted The 787 is just a 747 replacement type. Last EA Qantas said the 787 would be a growth type.
They lied back then so I have lost any trust. They will blame Pilots for anything anyway so unless it’s decent in pay and sustainable working conditions they can stick it.
I did hear HR/IR want to get us distracted on pay issues so we don’t discuss the glaring holes in the data collection and proper research.
I don’t think AIPA and the pilots are going to fall for this a second time. Not with CEO pulling close to 100 million total by next year. Profits are up. Spineless Latinos insulting email has backfired too.