PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2019, 12:01
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a whole bank of charging points in the existing multi story car park. Never seen a car connected through.
https://www.london-luton.co.uk/parki...hicle-charging

If the Dart had a Park-n-Ride, I think that would reduce congestion. The single road in and out is the is unchanging pinch point, as we have discussed here before.
Actually I can't remember the last time I have seen a traffic jam at the airport. Queues though in the rush hour on the A1081 but that is mainly commuter traffic and queues to get past the bridge supports in the direction of the M1 as there is a lane closed.

Even though I said the new drop off zone layout with its pedestrian crossings and traffic lights would end in tears it is looking like I don't know what I am talking about. With junctions everywhere in the drop off zone and cars facing all directions confused motorist are selecting random lanes for pick up and drop off. Did witness a massive family of 10 loading luggage and passengers into 2 cars that just stopped in the middle of a lane. The driver was apologising in very broken English but just carried on without a care in the world and was in no hurry either to the annoyance of drivers that had their route blocked.