PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Factors Affecting Stall Speed
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2002, 21:56
NorthernSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPLwannabeboy,. .. .In answer to your latest question, I will go so far as to say that airliner FCSs do not reference AoA, with the exception of some oddities, and modern 'busses - A320, 330, 340 families, which use it for envelope protection. The oddities I mention would, I think, include the L1011 - though never having flown one, I'm going on what people have said about some of its modes, which I guess must have been referenced to AoA (DLC, perhaps?). Any L1011 drivers care to comment?. .. .Or to put it more simply, you may quote me on this: 'In normal flight, airliner autopilots pay no heed to AoA'.. .. .BTW, I'm not having a go at you, wannabe, or anyone else. It's important that people who fly these aircraft know what their machines are doing, and why. Too often, lack of this understanding leads to mishap, especially with regard to AFCS. I'm just trying to get the true facts across, as part of this lively and enjoyable debate.. . . . <small>[ 04 March 2002, 18:03: Message edited by: NorthernSky ]</small>