PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta icelandic relief pilot
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2019, 00:58
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cognoscenti
Seems some of the short haul drivers here have a bee in their bonnet. Funny.

Enjoy your daily grind (job) in your aeroplane, whatever it is, that makes you come across as riveting company. Would be lovely to meet up and see what most of your insecurities are all about. Conversations go differently then. More cogent.

And yes, I do like the 747
Oh get out of your high horse mate, your tone has been condescending from the get go! It seems that you have an issue that you conveniently failed to share. Don’t you think the people responsible don’t read these forums? Think again, I can guarantee you.

I bet you’re still an instructor, as I cannot see a Captain or FO for a reputable airline, leave greater conditions to join this. It seems that you’re interested in the role? So apply and get on with your preparation, as insulting “737 drivers” won’t get you far, ever mind the job.

If there is anyone that comes across as “riveting”
company, thats you buddy. Flying the 737 or A320 is a great goal to aspire If it’s done right. Nobody will poop on your dreams but you need to check your attitude. I know instructing gets some guys a little angry but I feel that it would be beneficial for you, and others, to search the old, 21 page long thread on the airline. There is plenty of information regarding the deal(it hasn’t changed much).

Yeah the 747 is a beauty, but you’re naive to think you’ll be in conditions matching the Longhaul pilot’s lifestyle of other 747 operators. Saying that “it’s a job”, is not about laying waste to the role or the profession. You will still be shouted at by arsey captains, you will still get fatigued, you won’t see much if you’re on minimum rest, tired and not being paid well, you will miss your family, management will piss you off etc ..the novelty wears off very quick, be it a 747 or 737. Refusing such conditions is more honourable than coming to a forum With pompous attitude, would be “interesting to meet?” . Honestly...sit down.