PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Chart simplification! why, why, WHY?
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 03:46
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YET ANOTHER WILD ASSERTION

"The proposed NAS system ..... will put the travelling public at risk".

Cloudy,
Where's the data supporting this gut wrenching statement?
I'm reading all the chicken littles about the sky falling but it still looks blue (unusual for Victoria) to me.

All
Getting back to my comments yesterday, and remembering that I didn't start the rock throwing at other parties, I should have mentioned that I do read the ATSB reports quite regularly. Very instructive and potentially personally lifesaving.

One thing I haven't noted in them is many VFR NAS type conflicts. By that I mean the sort of current scenario that will lead to a higher potential risk when the NAS changes come in.

And, despite ANSA's derogatory comments about we weekend bugsmashers (and I fly mainly during the week anyway and an 8 seater isn't quite in the AUF category) I do note in those reports that even under the current rules we do have a reasonable number of "breakdowns of separation standards" or, to we realists, "near misses" between the real rulers of the skies under ANSA's aims (big jets) in CTR under ATC control.

So, neither the current system nor ATC is perfect is it? Ah well, if someone can trot out those USA statistics I asked for, perhaps we can consider the options unemotionally and logically.
Cheers
Brian H