PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking For Non-eu Pilots
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 03:11
the road atlas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oooops damn wizbang button,

Who knows what easy really wants, on the same form they say "To work for easyJet, you must be able to work in the United Kingdom and Europe."
I interped that as a passport is needed as I thought you need a EC passort to live in other EC countries, am I wrong?

now, don't really understand the defination of "must" as the very next line is
"If you are not a British or European Union national, are you in possession of a visa that entitles you to live and work in the UK?"

Iam wondering if it's dangerous to use common sence and assume that they will take us mear mortals with Anccestry visas to the UK that are not working visas as such but automatic visas that give the right to work there indefinantly and gives residency after 4 years I beleive.

Redsnail,

Even though this trend of having to buy ratings is crap, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. But do they penilize a person with a bare 37 type ratting?

I wonder if being 37 rated is a help or a hinder, as easyjet say, "To qualify as a 737 type rated pilot, we prefer a minimum of 500 hours on type within the last 5 years." Is this just to encourage the next statment?

Below they say that FO have to join through their 23,000 pound (thats a huge $38,450 USD ) training scheme,
"First Officers (FO's) have a frozen ATPL (CPL + ATPL theory) and a minimum of 500 hours. FO's can only join the airline through our TRSS scheme.

Please note that there is only a limited number of spaces this year through our Direct Entry Scheme and the majority of positions will be available through our TRSS scheme. If you are interested in that scheme, please fill out our online application form and state in the reason why you want to join easyJet that you are applying for that scheme. Due to availability on courses, priority will be given to candidates applying for our TRSS scheme."

I spose what Iam getting at is I can't work out what they want eithier. but an keen to find out, it's a huge task to convert over.