PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2019, 07:23
Severn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingScotland
I'm just making a point that Plane Mad has a habit of starting rumours which are completely baseless, they are just what he/ she wishes to happen.

That's all.
To be fair, Plane mad 123 actually mentioned where he had seen the information, therefore it was never a "baseless rumour".
He did mention that the information was from the easyJet thread where I had posted the information earlier in the evening.
This is the information plane mad 123 was alluding to and I've re-posted it here:

easyJets EDI base will increase to 9x aircraft next summer; 4x A319s, and 5x A320s - an increase of 1x A319.
Looking at a Monday next summer, the EDI-based aircraft show as operating the same flights they operated this summer, although some flights move from an A319 to A320 and vice versa.
A new flight to VRN has been added during the middle of the day on the new based A319, and a morning LGW and evening GVA move from a A320 to the new A319. This leaves BHX sized gaps morning and evening on an EDI based A320.
Similar happens throughout the week, so unless easyJet dramatically change the schedule for EDI and other bases, it looks as if EDI gains an extra aircraft next summer.

easyJets GLA base increases to 5x aircraft next summer, 3x A319s, and 2x A320s - an increase of 1x A319 also.
The BHX flights take the morning and evening slots on the new based A319 leaving a large slot in the middle of the day on some days which has not yet been filled.