PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 31st Oct 2019, 03:19
Takwis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grebe
Wonder how MCAS-1(origonal ) versus MCAS-2(current? ) would handle an AOA sensor getting locked-blocked in the 25 degree nose UP position ? meaning must push on column to correct or try to correct .

How long to recognize, what altitude change ? and how many negative g - whoopeee !
I told the story here somewhere, of a late night test flight after an elevator pushrod installation ( the wrong way, unfortunately) When the mechanic turned off the hydraulic pumps to put us into manual reversion, there was an immediate forceful pitch-up. Both the Captain and I pushed forward with all our might, but didn’t really regain control until the mechanic got the pumps back on. As far as I can remember, recognition was instantaneous, the altitude gain was minimal, and the negative Gs put us put us light in the seats. It was all done in a few seconds. Fighting with something we didn’t understand, I am sure it would have been much more serious.