PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another legend
Thread: Another legend
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2019, 20:37
Cessna Jockey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Iron Bar
Ok ....

“When I read an article like yours knowing what I’ve endured over the last 10 years at Jetstar -“

What has been endured? Working under 2 x 5 year EA that were voted up? (The current after a big no vote and improvement)

“The Dreamliner (787) is 4 per cent quicker than the Airbus it replaced, it’s a very fast aircraft,” the captain said.

“We got a 3 per cent pay rise on an aircraft that flies 4 per cent quicker and we get paid by the flight hour, so it was actually a pay cut.”

Hang on, sure the 787 is faster than the 320. But the pilots are still rosterd to 75 hrs per month, or whatever the divisor might be. So you just fly further in the 75 hrs (+overtime) that you’re paid for, under the EA that was voted up? (With wide body terms included)

I’m no fan of Joyce but faaaark, if your going to argue it’s got to stack up.

(Crew food doesn’t look too bad? Pax food, not so nice)

I believe the mystery man/woman is referring to the a330 not the a320.

And if he/she was in overtime (which is alot of the time at JQ), and you were called in off a standby for a trip then yes you would receive 4% less in credit hours than you would have previously on the a330.

Keep in mind there is something like 11 x 787’s versus 56 x a320/1’s under a single EBA. Which group of pilots do you think the company have to please more to get an EBA voted up?