PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 30th Oct 2019, 17:49
ST Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grebe
Hmmmm- so you disagree- fine - no need to be snarky. Do you now or have you ever worked for Boeing in the Commercial or Military side ? For how long ?
Have you dealt with all levels of Boeing management ?
Wasn't trying to be snarky. Just wondering. My experience with safety analyses for aircraft systems and ARP4761 and ARP4754A colors my comments.
I've seen a lot of comments here that lead me to believe posters have little knowledge of how safety assessments are done or what the certification process is like..

No, never worked for Boeing though I have some experience with one Boeing aircraft.
Never dealt with management.

Staying within the non-attribution lane I'll just say I'm on the airworthiness authority side of things.

I disagree that "Schedule- Budget- and retraining" were the reason MCAS was classified as Major vs some higher severity.
I think the process, used across the industry, would have ended up at the same severity with other OEs.

Those three may have colored the path taken, by limiting options explored in engineering, and led to looking for a solution that was of a lower severity, but I don't think the process was pencil whipped to reach an outcome of Major.