PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NHS Medical records issues
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2019, 14:00
lcolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Radgirl
Several different issues here!

I would be very concerned if another person's records were mixed with mine. How do you know your records are not mixed with someone elses.....This is extremely serious and could result in a massive fine under GDPR and repercussions from both the GMC and CQC. You should immediately inform the practice in writing and demand the issue be corrected. It is also dangerous because your GP might withhold treatment or prescribe the wrong treatment or give a consultant inaccurate information which could be harmful in future. The same applies to the other patient - say he is allergic to penicillin but the entry is in your notes and not his......wow

As to

then clearly your records dont meet this requirement, but it doesnt make sense - medical records will be taken at face value by the CAA and as we have seen on this board many times, an injudicious entry is difficult to reverse. Taking them to your medical doesnt ensure they are correct or complete, but does allow the AME to have a good read which isnt in your interest.

I really dont think you should take your records as they are. You do of course have the right to see your 'corrected' records at no cost before they are sent to the CAA in future but I very much doubt a GP's entries about OSA will make a difference. If you have had a sleep study then the result will be required.
Thanks for your great response.

To update, I've just come out of the GP who have mucked this up.

They're going to go back and correct all this and seemed as incredulous as I am. My records appear to have been mixed when i joined this GP and shes going to go back to my old GP to figure out how this happened.

My major concern is that my 15month old daughters details may be mixed into this as her records are linked to mine, so the practice manager will investigate any release of my daughters information with this.

Basically a cock up all around.

As for the AME, that's the advice he gave. He wasn't interested in the records himself, just that I have them available and straight if the CAA ask for them for the apnoea.

He did also say that they would want the raw data from the sleep study and so I'm going back to the hospital that did it to get that.

After this I will be regularly checking my records for the NHS....