PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NHS Medical records issues
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2019, 13:16
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Several different issues here!

I would be very concerned if another person's records were mixed with mine. How do you know your records are not mixed with someone elses.....This is extremely serious and could result in a massive fine under GDPR and repercussions from both the GMC and CQC. You should immediately inform the practice in writing and demand the issue be corrected. It is also dangerous because your GP might withhold treatment or prescribe the wrong treatment or give a consultant inaccurate information which could be harmful in future. The same applies to the other patient - say he is allergic to penicillin but the entry is in your notes and not his......wow

As to

records need to be correct and complete to stop the referral being held up.
then clearly your records dont meet this requirement, but it doesnt make sense - medical records will be taken at face value by the CAA and as we have seen on this board many times, an injudicious entry is difficult to reverse. Taking them to your medical doesnt ensure they are correct or complete, but does allow the AME to have a good read which isnt in your interest.

I really dont think you should take your records as they are. You do of course have the right to see your 'corrected' records at no cost before they are sent to the CAA in future but I very much doubt a GP's entries about OSA will make a difference. If you have had a sleep study then the result will be required.